Contributing e-resource records to the Central Catalog
OhioLINK contributes all consortial e-resource records to the Central Catalog. Please make sure you do not contribute OhioLINK provided e-resource records to the Central Catalog.
Cataloging records for local e-resources (non-OhioLINK) should not be contributed to the Central Catalog. Please be sure they are for local use only.
Contributing open access e-resource records to the Central Catalog
Besides the exceptions included below, open access (OA) e-resources should not be contributed to the Central Catalog. CIRM has started evaluating open access collections to be cataloged and contributed by OhioLINK to the Central Catalog. More information about the review process and OhioLINK cataloged OA collections is available here.
Institutions can still contribute the following e-resource records to the Central Catalog:
- Government documents
- Electronic theses/dissertations (ETDs)
- Per DIAD ETD cataloging standards, ETD records must have an unproxied rave link to provide access to all OhioLINK users. If your institution's ETD records do not include an unproxied rave link, there are several options:
- Remove the institutional proxy from rave links
- Add rave links without institutional proxies to records
- Do not contribute ETD records without an unproxied rave link to the Central Catalog (suppress these records from appearing in the Central Catalog)
- More information about rave links is available on OStaff here
Updated January 2022