The Central Catalog displays local holdings information, including:
- Item details — circulation status, call number, and shelving location. See Central Site Status Codes.
- Summary holdings statements (Library Has) for serials. See also:
- On-order status for materials in the acquisitions process. See Order Record Standards.
Differences between a local catalog catalog and the Central Catalog:
- The local catalog stores item, holdings, and order data in separate records linked to the bibliographic record.
- The Central Catalog stores local item, holdings, and order data within institution records linked to the master bibliographic record.
See also Institution Records in the INN-Reach Catalog, Innovative Guide & Reference Release 2009A, Page # 103349