THESE PAGES ARE HISTORICAL ONLY: OHIOLINK NOW REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE CHANCELLOR OF THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
- Biennially, the Executive Director will present to and obtain approval from the Governing Board to the forthcoming biennial capital budget request to be submitted to the Department of Higher Education.
- Annually, the Executive Director will present to and obtain approval from the Governing Board to the forthcoming fiscal year's capital budget based on previously approved biennial capital appropriations.
- At least quarterly, the Executive Director will provide timely fiscal year-to-date status versus budget and projected full-year spending to the Board or its Executive Committee and reaffirm planned spending.
- At the annual or quarterly review, the Board may authorize expressly defined expenditures of any size that are forthcoming. Anticipated large annual purchases such as hardware, software or telecommunication expenses would be authorized via this process.
- If not specifically identified in the annual or quarterly meetings, the following guidelines will apply:
- All expenditures under $15,000 that fall within the generally approved activities of the OhioLINK capital budget are at the discretion of the Executive Director. Examples: Disk space expansion, CPU expansion, software upgrades.
- Unanticipated expenditures over $15,000 will be submitted to the Governing Board Chair for approval. The Chair will decide if the Executive Committee or the full Board needs to review the expenditure prior to approval.