Whether you are an on campus student, distance learner, or faculty needing research assistance, Kent State University Geauga campus library staff is there to help you navigate the many resources available online or in print. A librarian is just a phone call, e-mail, text, instant message or in-person visit away!
Read further to find out some additional things the library director had to say about the staff and the library.
What are your top three points of pride in the library?
- We take pride in being a space for our students, by the students. We adjust the space to fit their needs whether it’s studying, group work, or providing them with laptops or other materials to borrow.
- I take pride in empowering our student workers to know just as much as I know about working in the library. I don’t hold back if they want to learn, and they are always great workers and eager to learn as much as they can.
- The third thing would have to be our collaboration with faculty. We really work hard to have a great relationship with them and take into account their needs, and they supports us by exposing students to the resources we have in the library and even helping us with collection development to support our programs.
What's the most popular spot in your library for students and patrons?
The most popular spot would have to be the library workroom/middle childhood education IRC (instructional resource center) right behind our circulation desk. We always have groups of student workers or middle childhood education students working and collaborating on projects in that room. A lot of times, science projects or models for their math classes get stored in there so there’s always interesting stuff back there. It gets used for a variety of things.
How long have you been a member of OhioLINK?
We’ve been a member of OhioLINK as long as Kent State has been, so since OhioLINK has existed!
For more information about the Kent State Geauga campus library:
- Visit the webpage: http://www.geauga.kent.edu/academics/library/
- Like them on Facebook
- Follow Kent State Geauga on Twitter