OhioLINK recently spoke with the OSU Newark library director to discuss the committment the Warner Library has to serving the students, faculty and staff of the Ohio State University, Newark and the Central Ohio Technical College.
We are a cost-shared library, which means we serve students enrolled at The Ohio State University - Newark and at Central Ohio Technical College. This makes our library a great resource for students as they are connected with resources at the Columbus campus of Ohio State, as well as all of the many resources available through OhioLINK.
What are your three points of pride for your library?
- Providing a wide range of research services to students, faculty, and staff.
- The majority of our students are commuter students, and we are a place where they can work and study with their peers while also receiving research assistance.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff.
What is the most popular spot in your library for students and patrons?
Our study rooms see a lot of activity during the semester, and students really appreciate having a quiet place to study and focus. We have ten study rooms and could easily fill another ten.
How long have you been a member of OhioLINK?
Ohio State University is a charter member of OhioLINK, so we have been a member since the beginning.
To learn more about the John L. and Christine Warner Library located at OSU Newark:
- Visit the OSU Newark or COTC library web pages: http://newark.osu.edu/library/Documents/home.htm or http://coursecast.cotc.edu/websitemediafiles/Library/
- Follow COTC on Twitter @COTCedu