Whether Kent State Trumbull students are looking for electronic books, research articles, tutorial resources or anything in between, they can find it at Gelbke Library. Known as a clean, quiet study spot, the library serves as one of students’ favorite on-campus resources.
In the 1950s, Mount Carmel had three separate libraries: The School of Nursing Library, the Physicians’ Library, and the Convent Library. Eventually, the three libraries were combined to form the Mother M. Constantine Memorial Library, named in honor of a beloved, longtime Mount Carmel employee. During the 1980s, the library was renamed the Mount Carmel Health Sciences Library (MCHSL) to emphasize that it served the whole Mount Carmel Community.
OhioLINK recently spoke with Stevo Roksandic, regional director of MCHS Library Services, to learn more about what makes MCHSL special.
The Oberlin College Library is located in the heart of Oberlin’s campus. The library serves as a gathering place for students looking for a prime study spot, and is recognized for its wide range of collections and services as it is home to more than 2.4 million print and media materials, research databases and online journals.
The Ohio State University Lima Campus Library is a focal point on campus. Lima Campus Library provides students with a great place to study due to its many conference rooms and welcoming environment.
OhioLINK recently spoke with library director Tina Schneider to learn more about what makes the Lima Campus Library special.
Xavier University’s library is located in the McDonald Building, a gift to the university by the Walter A. and George McDonald Foundation in memory of their parents, Andrew J. and Mary McDonald. The library’s history dates back to 1840 when the Jesuits assumed responsibility for the school originally known as the Athenaeum, and changed its name to St. Xavier College. At the time, the college was renovated and reopened with a library containing a collection of 4,000 to 5,000 titles, predominantly in classical studies and philosophy. St. Xavier College became Xavier University in 1930.