Is This An OhioLINK Service Emergency?
An OhioLINK service emergency is when an OhioLINK database or service is unavailable for all users.
- The service has an address of
- The error message suggests that the server might be down, e.g.
- The connection was refused when attempting to contact servername.ohiolink.edu
- “servername.ohiolink.edu could not be found”, or “We can't find servername.ohiolink.edu”
- The problem applies to multiple users or multiple computers; and
- You can access other sites, ruling out a local network problem.
To report this emergency
- During weekday business hours (M - F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm), please e-mail email@example.com with a full description of the problem, or call OhioLINK at 614-485-6722.
- Outside of weekday business hours, please call the OARnet Service Desk at 1-800-627-6420. Please identify the report as an OhioLINK issue and give them the name of your institution/branch (not the library name).
For non-emergency problems, please complete a Support Request Form, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Databases Outside the OhioLINK Domain
- Database is listed on the OhioLINK website, but is not under direct OhioLINK management (not a
During business hours, please email email@example.com or call OhioLINK at 614-485-6722. OhioLINK staff will contact the vendor to report the problem.
After business hours, check the vendor’s website and see if you can find a support phone there to call. This will increase the likelihood of the problem being fixed before the next business day.