People who are registered users at OhioLINK member libraries have access to a virtual statewide library. To find the books and other materials owned by your library, search your library's catalog.
If your own library doesn't have what you're looking for, search the OhioLINK Library Catalog. Books and some audiovisual materials can be requested from other member libraries as follows:
- Locate the desired book or AV item in the OhioLINK catalog.
- Click REQUEST THIS ITEM.
- Select your institution from the list.
- Fill in your name and ID number.
- Select where you want to pick up the item; you can pick it up at any OhioLINK library that is most convenient to you.
- The system chooses a lending library and sends the request.
- The item is delivered within 2-3 days to the pickup location you requested.
For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact your library for check-out information and loan policies. You can renew an OhioLINK book if it is not overdue or needed back at the owning library. To renew online, view your circulation record in your local library catalog.
You can also borrow items directly from any OhioLINK library in person. Bring proof of your affiliation with an OhioLINK institution, such as a picture ID.
If you are looking for a book that is not available at your own library or any other OhioLINK library, please check with the Interlibrary Loan department of your library.
Check with the reference librarians at your library. They have information about the services of your own library and further recommendations on appropriate sources (electronic or print) to meet your information needs.