ETD Center Release Notes
August 10, 2023 database infrastructure change
The base URL for the OAI-PMH feed for the ETD Center has changed:
New base URL: https://etd.ohiolink.edu/acprod/odb_etd/ws/oai/oai
Previous base URL: https://etd.ohiolink.edu/apexprod/!etd_search_oai
ETD Center 3.2 Release Notes
Date: January 31, 2023
The ETD Center 3.2 release includes new functionality related to the digital accessibility of the uploaded PDF as well as other changes and fixes.
The ETD Center 3.2 release includes the following changes:
ETD-336 User Roles incorrectly reset when email changed on User Profile page
ETD-337 Extra Quick Links displaying for Uploaders
ETD-345 "ETD Batch Upload Metadata Validation Update, Subject no longer required"
ETD-346 Subject selection in submission form should only display active mapped Subjects
ETDA-01 ETD Digital Accessibility acknowledgement required upon publish
ETDA-02 ETD Digital Accessibility report document upload
ETDA-03 ETD Digital Accessibility report upload available in Status Reports
ETDA-05 Yearly stats for download count by department or degree
ETDA-06 Departments with ampersands not displaying in Browse by Department list on ETD Search
ETDA-07 Previously deleted ETDs from ETD Admin still displaying in ETD Search
ETDA-09 ETD Search displays Digital Accessibility Report if it is available
ETDA-10 Submission site isn't checked/selected on Search Results sidebar correctly
ETDA-11 Search results list has HTML code instead of ampersand symbol
ETDA-12 ETD Admin doesn't handle reusing previous password well
ETDA-13 ETD Batch Upload Tool should include required acknowledgement of ETD digital accessibility requirements and allow Accessibility reports to be uploaded if available
ETDA-14 Formatting on ETD Batch Upload Tool page
ETDA-15 FAQ linked on login page on ETDAdmin
ETDA-16 FAQ links and a Submit ETD link in header on ETDSearch
ETDA-17 Expanding character limits for the FAQ fields
ETDA-18 Remove Citizenship field from submission form and account settings
ETDA-19 "Clicking ""cancel"" when submitting on behalf of someone who does not have an account logs user out of system"
ETDA-20 "ETD Admin, in Manage Accounts, please order the report by all active alphabetical and followed by all deactivated/inactive alphabetical"
ETDA-21 No email address validation for new user creation
ETDA-24 'TEST' with hyperlink displays on Publication Agreement page
ETDA-26 "Fair Use" link needs to be updated
ETDCat End of Life
Date: December 13, 2021
ETDCat will be taken offline on December 13, 2021. ETDCat was a tool that allowed users to generate cataloging records for OhioLINK ETDs. The tool has been replaced by a new workflow that uses the ETD OAI-PMH feed and the MarcEdit tool.
ETD Center 3.1 Release Notes
Date: August 16, 2021
The ETD Center 3.1 release fixes some known issues from the 3.0 and 3.0.1 releases and adds some functionality to both search and administration.
ETD Search 3.1
1. Changes to the Report a Problem form in the application footer.
2. Changes to Advanced Search display: the advanced search fields now display at the top of the search results page
ETD Administration 3.1
NEW FEATURES AND CHANGES
1. Changes to Report a Problem form in the application footer.
2. Change in behavior in Advisor entry section of the submission form to allow more specific messaging for the user.
4. "View your published ETD" in quick link section now displays a report with permalinks to ETD search.
5. ETD Adminisrtators are able to edit embargo requests for published ETDs.
1. Download Report total download count displays as ######.
2. OhioLINK Administrator is unable to delete a published ETD.
3. Text in faceted fields displays characters incorrectly.
4. Quick link numbers do not match status report numbers.
5. Return to submitted status report not working.
1. The submitter notes fields (in the submission form) have a character limit that does not allow for substantive back and forth comments between reviewers and submitters. If the field is not adequate for necessary correspondence, we recommend reviewers and approvers correspond with submitters using email or to be more concise until this is resolved in a later release.
ETD Center 3.0.1 Release Notes
Date: August 5, 2021
This was a minor release to fix issues from the 3.0.0 release.
ETD Search 3.0.1
1. FAQs expand so user can read them
2. Footer corrected
3. Ranking removed from search results page
ETD Administration 3.0.1
1. OhioLINK Administrator's functionality corrections
2.Download report, total downloads number now displays correctly
ETD Center 3.0 Release Notes
Date: August 2, 2021
This is a major release of both ETD Administration and ETD Search. The release also includes a new workflow for creating MARC records using the ETD OAI-PMH feed.
ETD Search 3.0
This release includes the following user apparent features and changes:
- The user interface has been updated.
- New "Link to this search" feature allows users to save a URL to the search they just ran.
- Full text searching is now available for all ETDs submitted with full text in the PDF file.
- Increased speed and performance.
- Improved handling of special characters and diacritics
- New workflow for creating MARC records from the OAI-PMH feed using MarcEdit (documentation will be available).
ETD Administration 3.0
This release includes the follow user apparent features and changes:
- The user interface has been updated.
- ETD Administrators are able to publish several ETDs at one time.
- ETD Reviewer notes are saved with the account holder name and a date/time stamp.
- ETD Administrators are able to create Reviewer and Uploader accounts for their own institution.
- Submitters are able to view a preview of their ETD as it will appear on the ETD Search site.
- All users are able to perform a "quick search" from the ETD Administration main page.
- Password management is self service for all users.
- Increased speed and performance.
- An improved reporting dashboard.
- Improved handling of embargo requests.
- Improvements in handling special characters and diacritics.
- System generated e-mails are sent as if they are from the ETD Administrator's email address.
Other non-user apparent changes were made to improve OhioLINK Administration functions.
ETD platform update (no new release numbers)
Date: 5 November 2020
The underlying platform for ETD Administration, Search, and Cat was updated.
User apparent changes include:
- URLs within the applications have changed. The main URLs (etd.ohiolink.edu; etdadmin.ohiolink.edu; etdcat.ohiolink.edu) have not changed. Note that if you have these pages bookmarked, the bookmark most likely broke. To fix this, use the main URLs listed above to get to the application, then re-apply your bookmark.
- The base URL for the OAI-PMH feed has changed. the new URL is https://etd.ohiolink.edu/apexprod/!etd_search_oai
For example: https://etd.ohiolink.edu/apexprod/!etd_search_oai?verb=Identify
ETD Administration 2.4.2 Release Notes
Date: September 23, 2020
ETD-15 Update to the OAI-PMH MARC21 output
ETD-132 File picker defaults to "All Files" for supplemental documents
ETD-9 Large PDF file downloads are not supported
ETD Administration 2.3.9 Release Notes
Date: June 27, 2018
ETD Administration 2.3.9 fixed two issues:
Emails were being sent indicating a draft would be deleted, but the draft was never deleted. As part of this fix, 529 draft ETDs were deleted from the system.
ORCID validation update
ETD Administration Release Notes (minor fix -- no new release number)
Date: May 28, 2018
A single change to correct a known issue that sent email notifications incorrectly when an ETD is published.
ETD Administration 2.3.8 Release Notes
Date: May 5, 2018
ETD Administration 2.3.8 includes a single fix, to remove validation from the ORCID field. The field will remain in the system for use but it will no longer verify that the ORCID Identifier is assigned, for the time being.
ETD Search 1.8.3 Release Notes
Date: September 13, 2017
ETD Center 1.8.3 is a minor release that includes changes necessary for Google Scholar compatibility
ETD Administration 2.3.5 Release Notes
Date: September 13, 2017
ETD Administration 2.3.5 includes several minor fixes as well as an indexing correction.
ETD-011 After changes are made to the order of Advisors or an Advisor is deleted, automatically re-number Advisors
ETD-058 Embargo status category should be visible to all admins even if the value=0
ETD-059 Only OhioLINK Admin can see Delete statuses
ETD-060 Only OhioLINK Admin have "delete report" drop down option in Reports
ETD-065 Add "Are you sure?" pop-up after Return to Submitter is selected (this isn't functioning properly and will be fixed on 20 September 2017)
ETD Search 1.8.2 Release Notes
Date: October 26, 2016
ETD Center 1.8.2 is a very minor release that includes a fix for the Recommended Citations functionality and a text change on the Home Page.
ETD-35 ETD Center Recommended Citations buttons not working
ETD-74 Remove text from Google Map on homepage
ETD Administration 2.3.4 Release Notes
Date: September 7, 2016
ETD Administration 2.3.4 includes 2 user apparent fixes (below), several OhioLINK administration fixes, and new functionality for libraries that want to expand their collections in the ETD Center to include ETDs that have been retrospectively digitized.
Retrospective Batch Uploading Overview
Batch uploading allows you to add up to 1,000 digitized ETDs (with corresponding metadata and supplemental files) to the ETD Center in a single batch.
Batch uploaded ETDs are not routed through the submit/review/approve process, instead they are automatically approved and made immediately accessible.
Batch uploading does not replace the current ETD submission process; it is designed for libraries have or will be digitizing their retrospective collections of ETDs.
Metadata for retrospective batch Uploading uses the same metadata elements that the current submission process uses; however, this metadata is created as a .csv file.
The ETD PDF, abstract, and supplemental files are references in the .csv file and bundled as a .zip for easy upload.
ETDs can be marked for inclusion in ProQuest
ETD-3 ETD Institution Department and Degrees are now sorted alphabetically
ETD-4 Non-active subject headings removed from list during submission process
The Batch Uploader Manual is available upon request.