Advocacy: Ohio Dominican University is working to advocate for Open Educational Resources across campus. This advocacy includes:
- A librarian-created LibGuide, which will be made available to all faculty, that will include information on affordable learning, OER’s, the Open Textbook Network initiative, highlights of current faculty work in the realm of OER’s, library initiatives, the Ohio Department of Higher Education Grant for OER Adoption and Creation of which we are a part, and a list of assorted Open Educational Resource sites and databases that faculty can explore.
- A Library Open House for faculty, at which OER initiatives will be a major focal point
- An OTN training seminar for faculty sometime during the spring semester; further professional development to be offered in Fall ’18.
- Sending communications to our faculty members via their Academic Divisions
- Dr. Anna Davis is working on the creation of multimedia OER materials for Upper Division Mathematics courses as part of the Ohio Department of Higher Education Grant.
- A few Ohio Dominican Faculty members and a Librarian are all part of the Content Creation Teams that were created as part of the Ohio Higher Education Grant
Other Affordable Learning Initiatives
- Ohio Dominican University Library offers an extensive Course Reserves program that allows faculty members to place copies of their textbooks on reserve for student use during the semester. The library has recently started work on making a stronger push to faculty to include their texts in the Course Reserves each semester.