Is This An Emergency?
An OhioLINK emergency is when an OhioLINK database or service is unavailable for all users.
- The database has an address of
- The error message suggests that the server might be down, e.g.
- The connection was refused when attempting to contact servername.ohiolink.edu
- “servername.ohiolink.edu could not be found”, or “We can't find servername.ohiolink.edu”
- The problem applies to multiple users or multiple computers; and
- You can access other servers, ruling out a local network problem.
To report this emergency during weekday business hours (M - F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a full description of the problem, or call 614-485-6722.
Outside of weekday business hours, if it is an emergency, please call the OARnet Service Desk at 1-800-627-6420. Please identify the report as an OhioLINK issue and give them the name of your institution/branch (not the library name).
Databases Outside the OhioLINK Domain
- Database is listed on the OhioLINK website, but
- Is not under direct OhioLINK management (not a
During business hours, please call OhioLINK at 614-485-6722. OhioLINK staff will contact the vendor to report the problem.
After business hours, check the vendor’s website and see if you can find a support phone there to call.